Hosting Night resulted in a mock Actors InC Talk Show! Everyone was paired up and started by pre-interviewing, or “getting to know” their partner. Then, at 8pm, we went over some tips and things to keep in mind in order to pull off a successful interview. And then, it was showtime! Each interview was 3 minutes long and part of the challenge was wrapping up the interview just in time, down to the “10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1″ countdown.
Everyone had a chance to interview their “guest” and then be interviewed as well! After each “talk show,” the group gave feedback to each actor. Actors came up with clever names for their shows, introduced their guests with flair, conducted some very memorable interviews, and helped us get to know our fellow actors much better!
Some highlights from the two nights were:
- Andy showing off his rap skills as he performed a Christian-inspired rap on Marla Jackson’s talk show!
- Marla being, according to Andy, “not just a triple threat, not just a quadruple threat, but a quintiple threat!”
- Kal Doshi becoming Kal Dolphin!
- Vilma Lince, Gesenia Vargas, and others making very good use of Chris’ tip of “leaning in” to cue your guest to wrap up!
- Philip and Kalleko suddenly having starring roles in major motion pictures!
- Chris sharing anecdotes from her hosting career…ie: learning how to smile!
All in all, it was a great time and we look forward to TV/Episodic Week next!